Travelling by car?
Patients and visitors to the hospital should safely park their vehicles within one of the authorised hospital car parks. Vehicles parked on Hall Lane (the main road outside of the hospital) cause a serious hazard especially for anyone trying to leave the site. Patients and visitors are advised to take extra care when leaving the site if any vehicles are parked on Hall Lane.
Directions from the North
Follow the M6 South bound heading for Wigan. At junction 27, Standish, leave the M6. Get in the right hand lane of the slip road. At the roundabout follow signs for Parbold and Ormskirk on the A5209. Once you are on the A5209 signs for Wrightington Hospital are clearly visible. The hospital is approximately a half mile form junction 27 of the M6 on your left.
Directions from the South
Follow the M6 North bound for Wigan. At junction 27, Standish, leave the M6. Get in the left hand lane. At the round about follow signs for Ormskirk and Parbold on the A5209. Once you are on the A5209 follow signs for Wrightington Hospital which are clearly visible. The hospital is approximately a half mile from junction 27 of the M6 on your left.
Car parking is available on a Pay and Display basis. It applies to all cars parks and includes disabled areas. The cost is:
- Up to 30 minutes drop off Free
- Up to 1 hour £1.50
- Up to two hours £2.50
- Between two and four hours £4.50
- Over four hours £6.00
Please bring some change for the pay and display machines as they don’t accept notes.
There is a concession for long term patients/visitors of £2.50 for each and every 24 hr period providing the visitor acquires a concessionary pass from either the security department or the relevant ward and the pass is clearly displayed in the vehicle windscreen.
Car Parking Concession Criteria
- Any oncology patient who attends the Trust for frequent regular treatment will receive free parking for the length of their treatment. This criterion was agreed by Macmillan Cancer Support.
- Any patients attending clinics at the Trust for a minimum of one day a week for an extensive period will receive free parking.
- Visitors of patients hospitalised for 2 weeks or more will be offered free parking for the duration of the patients stay.